TMB on Facebook
Live Twitter Feed
Mario Party: Island Tour (Nintendo 3DS)
- Written by Luke Hackett
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Developed by Nd Cube
Published by Nintendo
Players: 1-4 Players
The setting for Mario Party: Island Tour is that during a day relaxing around
Peaches Castle and its grounds Mario and company noticed a strange bubble, which
on closer examination actually contained a letter, they opened this letter and
were delighted to see that it was an invite to a place called the Party Islands.
Unexpectedly the letter then threw out bubbles around each of them all and flew them straight to the Party Islands, its a good thing they actually wanted to go, because there's nothing cool about kidnap, not even in the Mushroom Kingdom.
- Party mode - you can play this mode alone or with up to three friends and games can last anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour
- Minigame mode - again this mode can be played alone or with up to three friends - There is a huge amount of mini games to choose from and fight it out for first place in. Depending on what minigames you get play time for these can be anywhere from 10 minutes to half an hour
- Streetpass minigames - Take on foes from around the world in minigame battles using Streetpass - these games average at about 10 to 15 minutes
- Bowser's Tower - A single player game mode where you have to fight to the top
of Bowser's towers of terror. This is the longest play type of game mode with
an average of an hour and a half to complete a session
- Collectables - You can purchase bubbles using Mario Party Points, the aim is to eventually collect them all. This might take a while!
The characters you can select right away are Boo, Daisy, Mario, Luigi, Peach,
Toad, Waluigi, Wario and Yoshi but you can also unlock Bowser Jr once you've
beaten the Bowser's Tower mode.
The games in Mario Party Island Tour, and the boards are situated on lots of differently themed Islands. In total there are seven different themed game boards. Six are available from the start and one has to be unlocked (you have to have at least three players to complete the requirements to unlock it too, a little annoying for some)
General Mini Games
Mario Party: Island Tour boasts the most 'general minigames' of any Mario Party title yet - 69 to choose from; check out the full list as below
|Claiming the Cube
Rope a Slope
Tragic Carpet Ride
Grid is Good
Color Me Fast
Buzz a Fuzzy
Goomba to Maneuver
Kabob and Weave
Tanks a Lot
Spin the Bubble
Hide 'n' Splat
Garden of Eatin'
Slip 'n' Slip
Sky'd and Seek
Peep a Peepa
Hop Till You Drop
Trounce 'n' Bounce
Boss Mini Games
There are six boss mini games available to unlock, once you beat their miniature versions in the Bowser Tower that is.
Goomba Tower Takedown
Chain Chomp's Lava Lunge
Mr. Blizzard's Snow Slalom
King Bob-omb's Court of Chaos
Dry Bowser's Brain Bonk
Bowser's Sky Scuffle
There are also three puzzle mini games; Three House and Emergency Hexit (Multiplayer and Single player versions) and Star Turn. And last but not least three "extra" minigames, The Choicest Voice, Ka-Goomba! and a single player and multiplayer version of Sinking Feeling.
The first look trailer for Mario Party: Island Tour (3DS)
Reference / Information
Media / Downloads