TMB on Facebook
Live Twitter Feed
Nintendo Adventure Book 1 - Double Trouble
- Written by Luke Hackett
Double Trouble was written by Clyde Bosco and was the first of twelve in the Nintendo Adventure Books series - first published on June 1st 1991 by Mammoth Books in the U.K and in the U.S by Simon & Schuster, a division of Pocket Books.
Mayhem in the Mushroom Kingdom.
Mario needs your help! Fighting the evil Koopas is all in a day's work for the heroic plumber from Brooklyn. But when King Bowser Koopa concocts a double-dealing plot to take over the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario finds out that double trouble is not double fun.
As in all Nintendo Adventure Books, you control the action. Only you can make the choices that allow Mario to beat Bowser and the dreadful Koopa Kids. Help him crack codes, solve puzzles, conquer mazes, and subdue enemies. You and Mario must outwit the Koopas at their own game-or go down in final defeat.
[Source: The books back cover.]
The Scoring System
At the end of each Nintendo Adventure Book there is a scoring chart - in Double Trouble the scoring system worked as below:-
- 300 points+ Hyperatomic "Koopa-Stomping Super Plumber"
- Between 251 and 299 points - Definite Super Mario Bros. Material
- Between 225 and 250 points - Heroic Plumber-in-Training
- Between 201-225 points - Power Plumber
- 100 Points or Less - Basic Dripfixer
Does that mean if you are between 101 and 200 points you have no rating? or is it impossible to achieve that rating?
Puzzles in this book
Characters featured in Double Trouble
Bowser and Wart in the same book? That really is Double Trouble. "Amagad"
- Good: Luigi, Mario, Mushroom King, Princess Toadstool, Toad, Wooster, Yoshi
- Bad: Bowser, Clawgri, Fryguy, Iggy Koopa, Larry Koopa, Lemmy Koopa, Ludwig Von Koopa, Magikoopa, Morton Koopa Jr, Roy Koopa, Triclyde, Wart, Wendy O'Koopa
- Other: Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr
Images from Double Trouble
- ISBN-10: 0749710004
- ISBN-13: 978-0749710002
Read or Download