TMB on Facebook
Live Twitter Feed
Nintendo Adventure Book 7 - Dinosaur Dilemma
- Written by Luke Hackett
Dinosaur Dilemma was written by Clyde Bosco and was the seventh of twelve in the Nintendo Adventure Books series - first published on 5th November, 1992 by Mammoth Books in the U.K and by Simon & Schuster, a division of Pocket Books in the U.S.
This was the last time that a Nintendo Adventure Book would be written by someone other than Matt Wayne, who did the next four.
This book was based on the Super Mario World SNES Game which had been released just before this got published.
Flying Duo Battles Koopa Clan
Mario and his new dinosaur friend, Yoshi, fly across Dinosaur Land to save Yoshi's homeland from the dreaded Koopa Clan. Bowser's armies have invaded the peaceful kingdom of the dinosaurs, threatening Yoshi's friends and family with total extinction.
As in all Nintendo Adventure Books, you control the action. Only you can make the choices that allow Mario and Yoshi to overcome the perils they face on the rocky shores of Dinosaur Land. Help them crack codes, solve puzzles, conquer mazes, and subdue enemies. Together, you must outwit a whole new collection of Koopa creeps-or go down in final defeat!
[Source: The books back cover.]
The Scoring System
At the end of each Nintendo Adventure Book there is a scoring chart - in Dinosaur Dilemma the scoring system worked as below
- 2600+ points - "Prehistoric Pipe Protector" - Plunging with Power!
- Between 2500 and 2599 points - "Competent Clog-Catcher!"
- Between 2000 and 2399 points - "Drain Ranger"
- Between 1000 and 1999 points - "Part-Time Plunger"
- 999 points or below - "Puny Pre-Plunger"
Puzzles in this book
Mario series characters featured in Dinosaur Dilemma
- Good: Luigi, Mario, Princess Toadstool (referred) and Yoshi
- Bad: Bowser, Doctor C. Everett Koopa, Francis Ford Koopola, Gary Koopa, Iggy Koopa, James Fennimore Koopa, Larry Koopa, Morton Koopa Jr, Wart and Wendy O'Koopa
- Other: Governor B. Ron Tosaur, Tie-rack-asaurus Necks and Time-Square-atops
Images from Dinosaur Dilemma
- ISBN-10: 0749713089
- ISBN-13: 978-0749713089
Read this book online