TMB on Facebook
Live Twitter Feed
Nintendo Adventure Book 8 - Flown the Koopa
- Written by Luke Hackett
Flown the Koopa was written by Matt Wayne and was the eighth of twelve in the Nintendo Adventure Books series - first published on 5th November 1992 by Mammoth Books in the U.K and by Simon & Schuster, a division of Pocket Books in the U.S.
This was the first of four books by Matt Wayne who completed the Nintendo Adventure Books series as the author of books 8 to 12.
Like its predecessor "Dinosaur Dilemma" this book was based on the Super Mario World SNES Game which had been released just before this got published.
Sorcery Petrifies Dinosaurs
When Mario and Luigi arrive in Dinosaur Land for the annual Dino-Flying Derby, all of the dinosaurs have disappeared. The plumbers discover that Magikoopa has turned their dino-buddies into stone. To free their friends from their prematurely petrified state, the heroes must battle the vile magician - and win!
As in all Nintendo Adventure Books, you control the action. Only you can make the choices that allow Mario and Luigi to overcome the perils they face in the Magikoopa's prehistoric rock garden. Help them crack codes, solve puzzles, conquer mazes, and subdue enemies. You, Mario and Luigi must outwit a whole new collection of hardened Koopa criminals - or go down in final defeat!
[Source: The books back cover.]
The Scoring System
At the end of each Nintendo Adventure Book there is a scoring chart - in Flown the Koopa the scoring system worked as below
- 3600+ points - "Plumbersaurus Rex"
- Between 3200 and 3599 points - "King of the Sewer"
- Between 2000 and 3199 points - "Plumber, Second Class"
- Between 1000 and 1999 points - "Wrench Warmer"
- 999 points or below - "Pipesqueak"
Puzzles in this book
Mario series characters featured in Flown the Koopa
- Good: Luigi, Mario, Princess Toadstool, The Mushroom King, Toad, Wooster and Yoshi
- Bad: Bowser and his Cousin (Yep, Bowser's Cousin) supported by minions; Blargg, Boo, Buzzy Beetle, Cheep-Cheep, Dino Rhino, Dino-Torch, Dry Bones, Hammer Bro, Koopa Paratroopa, Koopa Troopa, Mecha-Koopa, Mega Mole, Monty Mole, Muncher, Piranha Plant, Pokey, Spiny Cheep-Cheep, Thwomp and Urchin
- Other: Diane Flossy
Images from Flown the Koopa
- ISBN-10: 0749713097
- ISBN-13: 978-0749713096
Read this book online