Mario Bros (NES) - Game Manual
Mario Bros. Online Manual
[NAMES OF CONTROLLER PARTS AND OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS]
Controller 1 - For playing alone.
Controller 2 - For second player in 2 player games.
Up - Not Used.
Down - Not Used.
Left - He runs to the left.
Right - He runs to the right.
A button - He Jumps.
B button - Not Used.
Select and Start Buttons Are not Used on Controller 2.
SELECT and START buttons are functional on Controller 1 ONLY.
Press this button during the demonstration sequence to recall the game menu.
Press this button again to move the asterisk (*) to the game you wish to
1-Player game A - Beginner
1-Player game B - Expert
2-Player game A - Beginner
2-Player game B - Expert
The Select button will not work once the game has begun.
START button: Press this button to begin.
Pause: When you wish to interrupt play in the middle of a game, press the Start button. The pause tone will sound and the game will stop. Press the Start button again if you want to continue playing. The game will continue where you left off.
The Top score will reset to 0 if the reset button (on the control deck) is pressed of the power is turned off.
* Use Controller 1 for 1 Player games.
* Use Controller 1 and 2 for 2 Player games.
All sorts of characters such as turtles, crabs, and fighter flies come out of the pipes as you go along the game. You can paralyze them by punching them from below, momentarily. To defeat them for good you need to kick them. Freezes and fireballs come at you with all kinds of attacks.
* Only Mario appears in the 1 player game. Both Mario and Luigi appear in the 2 player game.
- Team Play—Learn to cooperate with each other. One player punches the enemy down, and the other finishes him off by kicking him. The game proceeds quickly and you can expect a high score. This is the perfect game for players that are good at team work.
- Competition—Ruin the other player's plans and play tricks on him. Make your opponent get killed by a bad guy: When your opponent attempts to kick a fallen bad guy, punch from below and help the bad guy get up, or send your opponent flying toward the bad guy by punching him from below or pushing him (If you get pushed, escape by jumping).
Mario - (Plumber in Red and Blue)
Luigi - (Plumber in Green and Blue)
Turtle - (Green shelled turtle)
Crab - (Red crab with two pinchers)
Fighter Fly - (Large jumping fly)
Fireball - (Red and Green fireballs)
Freezie - (Moving icedrop, freezes floor)
Coin - (Free money, and points too)
* Defeated after 1 punch.
* Irked after the first punch, it goes down after the second.
* Punch it just as it lands. Defeated after 1 punch.
Note: A downed character gets up if punched from below. If the character gets up on its own it moves even faster than before because they want to get back at you. The last remaining character also moves extra fast.
Punching from behind
* It knocks the character down to a lower level.
Punching from below
* Repeated punching prevents the character from advancing.
Punching from ahead
* The turtle is temporarily stunned.
* Punch the POW and the characters on all the floors will be knocked out. They will get up eventually for revenge, so be careful. Things like fireballs disappear. Note: The POW disappears after being hit for 3 times.
* The freezies will try to freeze the floors. Once frozen, Mario (and/or Luigi) will slip and can't stop easily. Punch the freezies immediately to break them up.
* Mario (and/or Luigi) can walk through the left edge of the screen to reappear on the right, and vice versa.
* Extinguishing fireballs: You will get a high score when you punch the fireballs. However, be careful from revived red fireballs!
* Succesive kicking: knock down several enemies in just one row and you’ll surely get a high score.
* Grabbing the coins: collect coins that comes out of the pipe when an enemy is knocked down and you’;; be rewarded with points.
* Test your skill on the bonus round: be rewarded with a perfect score bonus on top of the regular coin points when you manage to collect all the coins within the time given.
Extra points: When your score passes 20,000, you will be given an extra Mario (or Luigi).
Disappointingly, Mario (or Luigi) disappears if he bumps into or is hit by a bad buy (including fireballs and freezies). When all Marios (or Luigis) had been used the game will be over.
Phase numbers: After every round, the phase number is shown in the lower left corner of the screen. You can compete to see who gets the highest phase number or the highest score!